Dock Panels. Getting Started
This topic describes, how to add Dock Panels functionality to the existing XAF application. It should be noted that for the Web-apps and Win-apps running in Tabbed MDI mode, it is necessary to perform additional steps. After a successful adding Dock Panels modules to the application, it will demonstrate how to create an independent panel to display List View.
For detailed information about designing Dock Panels in the Model Editor, refer to the Learn More topic. The complete sample project used in this lesson is available in the separate Xafari Dock Panels build.
Follow the steps described below:
- Open existing XAF Application Solution.
- Add XafariModule and XafariDockPanelsModule to Module Project.
- To use Dock Panels in Windows Forms application, add XafariDockPanelsWinModule to the Windows Forms Application Project. If the application is operated in Tabbed MDI mode, perform the steps as described in the Win Tabbed MDI topic.
- To use Dock Panels in ASP.NET application, add XafariDockPanelsWebModule to the Web Application Project and then, modify the application as described in the Web topic.
- Build solution.
- Invoke Model Editor and navigate to the Xafari|DockPanels node, right-click and select Add|MainWindowDockPanelV2Independent.
- Set GUID property to the unique value. Set View property to the Payment_ListView value, set Id property.
There are several groups of a Dock Panels options in Application Model. This is a common (platform independent) options and specific options for Win and Web platforms respectively. All options are described in the Learn More topic. Image above demonstrates Payment_V2-Independent Dock Panel and its options for the platform independent module.
- Build and run the WinForms or ASP.NET application. Use Panels Action on the toolbar to show/close Dock Panels.
- Added the Payment panel is independent, i.e. it can accompany any View of the application and is not related to other displayed data. Dock Panel displays the context View and supports the DevExpress ASP.NET WebForms Docking and WinForms Controls Docking Library functionality.
Various use cases of Dock Panels and its parameters are described in the Learn More topic.